View Single Post
Old 28-11-2012, 11:50 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

I made the fatal mistake ...

Of checking PriceSpy for the best price on DSLR cameras.
As you may have noticed I've been plotting to upgrade to a Canon EOS650D and have thus been looking for deals etc. Best I could manage was about $1500 for a twin lens kit (to try and justify the spend it needs to be usable for normal pix).
By chance I spotted an ad for a SONY A65 at a slightly lower price, body only. My current camera is a Konica Minolta DYNAX 7D, now part of the SONY group and the Alpha range of cameras.
Googling revealed a comparison test between the 650 and the A65.
The A65 over most features beats the 650D by some margin. In particular it images at 24 MP, has more colour depth and image quality, more dynamic range and even a larger area of sensor.
Does a pile of other stuff, heaps in fact.

So I've found the A65 cheaper than buying a Canon kit BUT now I've found it's bigger more professional brother the A77 for only slightly dearer than the Canon twin lens kit.
The big advantage for me is that my current lenses (3), the big flash gun and my T adapter, remote control will all work with the A65 (or A77).
And I'll get damn all if I sell them ..

The A77 is awesomely featured, motorsport with that would be scary !!

Any other user out there with SONY exposure and comments ? Or any photogs for that matter .