View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 05:08 AM
dvj (John)

I've always liked the remote guide head that came with my STL 11000. Nice to see it now included with the STT. I think I'll order one of the 8300 cameras and put it on my ASA N12. Although the N12 has a large field, the smallish pixels, better cooling, better shutter, lower overall cost of filters, and remote guide head may result in a killer high speed combination with 3nm bandpass filters. We'll just have to see how expensive this all becomes. This may also be an excellent imaging system for the new RH200 from Officina Stellari which has a smallish image circle.

Problem is however the potential long wait. I waited nearly 8 months for the STI guider, which never arrived. So I gave up and cancelled the order. In order to "Take the Lead" you do have to deliver product. BTW, I still own the original first generation ST10XE and it still produces excellent results.

And as a side note, there is no way I would ever get rid of my FLI Proline 16803. Stunning performance that I consider still ahead of Apogee and SBIG.

jg