View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 08:26 PM
silv (Annette)

Sounds like a project for 3D modelling and printing, right.
3D printing with ABS because that is probably hard enough.
The most dubious part here would be the adjustment screws or rather the holes in the brackets and their threads.
3D printing is not good for fine threads.
And they would degrade over time, anyway.
A nut would have to be placed into the holes to guarantee firm threading for off-the-shelf bolts.

But: if I don't print it myself - who is going to insert the nut immediately after printing when the ABS is still warm enough and will snug tightly around the inserted nut?

Also I don't find a plan on thingiverse for such a clamp.
So I'd have to make one myself- and that means I'd have to really invest time and energy to get to know a 3D modelling software package.
Not a small feat, either, even though I'm good with computer stuff.

I've sent a PM to Meru (member of the forum who started to 3D print and offer prints in the Sales section) about this but he's no longer an active member.

I found a site where you can post a "Looking for-ad " for a 3D plan and print you need. A willing designer with a printer then picks up the ad and works with you on the project to the finish line.

But you have to include a price in the text and I have no idea what that should cost. I don't want to be unfair in the payment - but I can't afford much, either.
€100 is out of the question. I'd bee too close to the binoviewer setup cost with my 500/6.3 mirror lens that the 60mm bino would no longer be an advantage over that. (Or so I think. But what do I know...)

Just yesterday I decided to throw away my yearning for the stars and seriously think up a whole different hobby that would give me satisfaction and fun.

And now I'll have to - just have to - read up on the bino box thingy...

Last edited by silv; 03-11-2016 at 08:36 PM.