View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 11:15 AM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
Ah OK, OAG, that makes sense. With my Esprit small deviations from the stated back focus are noticeable.
Cheers mate. The OAG has adapters for various threads and since the spacing between the reducer and the OAG isn't critical, I could use something off the shelf for that, but I've been unable to find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
I had a 0.8x Flattener, it worked really well but was quite sensitive to back focus.
Cheers Colin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Guys, surely for testing you can live without a flattener?
Sure, to start getting a feel for the camera, I can use it without the flattener. It remains to be seen how bad the curvature is as well, but I assume I will need to use it. Still, to begin using it properly I'll need said adapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
Lee one of the CN guys has probably been down that path, there has been alot of posts about Precise Parts, and the Esprit is popular over there. Might be worth some searching. Isn't there a local adaptor maker?
I'm not sure if there's a local adapter maker. I'd prefer to go local if anyone knows of someone.

Camera has now arrived, so I'll get to try and plug it all up tonight when I get home.