View Single Post
Old 13-04-2020, 08:11 PM
highlander2287 (Brett)

Had another go tonight, changing the date format and using sirius and canopus. Found sirius in the correct position this time, so incorrect date format must of played a part last night. It told me alignment was successful so I assume it worked. I had a bit of a go using it to look at a couple of areas of the sky. I wasn't too sure that it was pointing in the correct position according to stellarium for a couple of locations. Told it to go to the orion nebula and it pointed in the basic correct position, however wasn't found through the eyepiece. I could then find it manually. Not sure if there are any issues with collimation yet. Things seem ok and clear enough. Bought the scope through a local supplier for skywatcher. I'm still waiting on some accessories to arrive in the mail due to the long weekend. But overall I am happy with what I have seen so far. Plenty of time to learn and fine tune things. I am happy with the procedure and understanding of the alignment process though, so that was a win.