View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 10:31 PM
AndyG (Andy)
No. I am a meat popsicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
Hi Terry/Mike,

Just wondering if it might time to once again review the 200kb image size restriction? It was last increased to 200kb over 10 years ago now...
...If cost is a constraint, I would be happy to make some sort of contribution towards a capacity upgrade. We get heaps from IIS for free...
Cheers,
Jeff

Beautifully written Jeff,
I was thinking just the same recently. As Astrocams, smartphones, DSLRs etc, get meaner in filesize, it makes for a greater task to actually reduce the files to a size ingestable by IIS. I have a graphic design degree, so it's trivial here. Others may not be so comfortable. It would be nice to have a service that could accept "contemporary" filesizes (or closer to such), making it easier on less computer savy folk. Improved quality images improve the "art", needless to say.

I haven't been here long, but I can't stress how much I enjoy, and have learned from, this site and it's inhabitants. I would be happy to make a small donation, and I suspect many others would, to meet the ends described above. Many hands (and wallets), make light work (or outlay).

Best regards,
Andy.