Thread: Live Stacking
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 09:18 PM
MPS (Mathew)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
Any astro camera should be able to stack in sharpcap - just as long as it will talk to sharpcap. Ive done it with an asi224/290/071 and older analig camers. What camera are you using?

You just need to tweak a few settings so that it detects stars for aligning. First get the gain/ exposure so that single subs produce a histogram thats somewhat shifted awAy from the black end. Then in the live stacker - adjust threshold etc. I dont have it in front of me so cant remember the things to alter off the top of my head. I can look later.

You can also stack without star aligning just to check it works. Your gear should be good for live viewing. Theres a fair few on cloudynights using the etx80 for this
Hi Chris
Thanks for reply I have the zwo asi 120MC-s model. And yes I can't work out how to get it to detect stars for aligning in sharpcap. I have fiddled with gain and exposure with little result. Says the same prompt when I try to live stack the moon or Jupiter as well. The GSTAR ex3 I think is advertised to be able to do this but this camera has so.e mixed reviews.