View Single Post
Old 30-08-2016, 01:33 AM
Joshua Bunn (Joshua)

I guess you could use a Tring and eos to e mount adapter.
The 52 mm filter on that list looks good... its the same filter in terms of light transmission except it screws on the end of your lens whereas the one i linked to goes in the adapter... what ever suits.

However, and I made this mistake, I bought the 52mm filter to use on my widefield lenses and it will vignette a little, but the main thing is the wierd colours you get when using the 52mm filter on the end of the lens.

Its to do with the angle that light hits the filter before entering the lens. When the filter is inside the adapter as it is with the 3rd filter on that list, there is not a problem. It becomes sn issue with FOV above about 60 deg.

I'll find a paper on it for you later... I had these issues, then i bought the 3rd filter on that list. So if you do want the 52mm filter, i have one for sale

The alternative is to use another adapter (which I also bought trying out different things) where the 52 mm filter slots in... its a sony e mount to ef mount with a 52mm filter holder. I also have that for sale haha... might not be an issue to use when on a telescope, but i wanted to use a lens with aperture control and this adapter has no electronic contacts.

In the end I bought the 3rd filter on the linked to list.

Josh