View Single Post
Old 15-09-2019, 09:52 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

So, a quick animated gif, it shows some promise though it is a little harder to see now it is downscaled to get it under the 200KB limit to post here.

This is a process of the run described above, 10 subs stacked as auto focused by SGP, the second frame is the red and green from the first run combined with the blue of a second run with the focus offset by 70 steps, which might be too much, or too little, I did not get enough cloud free time to experiment more, I could see things that were obviously toward the green end of the blue pixels softening focus wise so it is probably too much of an offset.

A few processing steps to get this, basically to generate the better focused version I calibrated all 20 frames ("In focus" and offset focus) with a dark frame and then in APP split the calibrated frames colour channels and saved them individually, then restart APP (It might be doable without restarting by just deselecting the "Force bayer CFA option and clearing the file list) load the appropriate files as R-G-B lights and process from there like mono imaging.

For a proper run I assume for best results I would need to shoot flats at each focus point, just like you would for mono imaging. I did not bother with flats last night for the sake of an experiment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Untitled1.gif)
181.2 KB100 views