View Single Post
Old 30-01-2017, 08:47 AM
rowena

Hi all,

Thought id give a update as to what im doing.. so last post i couldnt decide on either rv or car hire or what camera...

So the second camera will most likely now be a canon 7d mark 2. I am already familiar with the 7d and it has a lot of features which i prefer over the 5d mark v.

I also went camper van hire, but from the 8th of august. First couple of days will fly into dallas and do car hire, will go down to houston and possibly over to san antionio and back out from dallas to fly to tampa.

We are doing rv hire from tampa to san francisco, because it was the cheapest location to hire from, trust me i litereally searched every site!! Orlando is second cheapest. 25 Foot camper van for 4 people including insurance is going to cost $4950US. The same hire from dallas as a example is $6500. So cheaper to add on extra flights from dallas to tampa!. Also means i get to add a side trip to cape caneveral!. The rv allows us to be flexible for the eclipse. As ive learnt from the previous two eclipses, clouds are your worse night mare, and you need flexible transport arrangements in my opinion!

The other thing i have also done is gotten my visa done. Any aussies/kiwis can apply for a short stay visa and must be done before travel.
Website is https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov
Submitted the application and it took 20 minutes for it to be approved. Its valid for two years, and the way trump is changing policies i thought best to get this over and done with first.

We are also looking qt being more westerly then previously posted. Was looking at jefferessen city, but now looking more in kansas state. Due to the fact we will have ten days to get to san francsico, via yellow stone with two kids. Lots of driving!