Thread: Omega Cen
View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 11:04 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoDuck View Post
Thanks guys.

Yeah. I'm not sure what I can do there. I used a MaskedStretch in PI - don't normally do that, but it coped well with not letting the core blow out and bringing out lots of faint stars in the outer edges, but seems to cause a bit of a halo as you can see.

It also damaged the really bright stars - so I redid (that was version D on Astrobin) with a weak Histogram stretch first before the MaskedStretch and that was better. But still the general fuzzy halos.

Any suggestions on controlling that fuzziness from the masking welcome.

P.S. Tried a tad of deconvolution (version E on Atsrobin). Helped a bit I think.
Well firstly, thanks for not misinterpreting my post and hopefully you don't think I passed comment due to any need to make myself feel better about my own equipment, I can assure you this was not on my mind even one iota Again, as I indicated, a great shot overall

Not sure where these sort of halos are coming from?..I can see them during my processing sometimes when manipulating the histogram curves after a DDP stretch so I pull the curve around until they are not so strong.

Mike