View Single Post
Old 30-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

thanks for your reply rob,

i have got the software that came with it, im sort of getting some of it.... really needs some documentation to run it, the cable setup diagram was really good.

im trying to see what others use viz program , i have not used FITS files before so will have to learn as i go

the chip, it was open in the case but as far as i can tell was immaculately clean, i havent done a proper dark frame yet i spent some time just trying to get a bead on taking a frame, was just pushing buttons for a while to see what happened.. I havent converted a FITS file yet so have not inspected closely.

Did get a little bit of moisture in between filter and MPCC , but i think i can solve that easily.

Re dust removal , i wouldnt use any chemicals on it at all, somewhere recently there was a comment on a gadget that spis/ rotates for cleaning ccd chips at camerastores, made specifically. Up until now i have been using a small super high quality artists brush with soft bristles, just a gentle quick swipe

today was just assembling and a quick check it worked with the computer.

its semi clear outside but i want to get it all sorted before i get serious.

i know its super quiet for noise but i will do a set of darks anyway , good thing is beeing so cool i reckon 1 will do for winter maybee another set for summer...... too easy.

still dont know what the full functions of some of the bits are, i was hoping someone else had it allready worked out

cheers clive