View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 03:01 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
How do you get a copy of Windows 7 as it’s no longer supported ??
What do you think that means? That it doesnt run? That there are no updates?

None of that. So why do you think you need support? You want an OS that is going to give you trouble and force you to contact Microsoft for help?

You can still buy Windows 7 legally through many computer stores but OEM vendors are on agreement to not have it installed on "new" PCs they also may have been enticed to exchange existing W7 stock for W10 Stock discs. They do what they can to move people to using the newest just because its new but especially as the big feature of W10 is the app store to encourage people to buy "apps" instead of having you download installers yourself direct from vendors sites. If it confuses some so they pay a vendor once then accidentally pay again through the app store. Its all money for microsoft. Plus they encourage venders to just create a single microsoft app store version and stop maintaining downloadable installers on their own sites.

Sure W10 does some things different but I'm yet to see anything that works better. My GPD machine is small and keeps saying it wants to delete old versons of windows to free space, for fun I let it and it wiped itself. Yay intelligent Windows 10! Its less easy to get along with and I avoid using it as much as I can, just too intrusive and restrictive. Doesn't like to cooperate on my network, decides its not allowed to see other machines when they can all see it. Often decides I'm not allowed to delete files I created on it with its only account.

Win7 all the way, just works and stays working. I'll take a working OS over a supported OS any day.