View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 03:08 PM
callingrohit (Vivek)
enthusiastic newbie

Apologies everyone for not replying to your comments earlier. Its been quite hectic at work.

@mike - no its not a fisheye but yes its supposed to be very sharp at 12mm. I have also read somewhere that with the samyang, shutter control is a bit different and manual mode doesn't work. I wish I had bookmarked that link. Can you please explin its operation in astrophotgraphy and also in post processing. That same link mentioned about a lens profile that needs to be added in LR or PS for proper post-procesing. Is any of it true ?

@troy - Thank you for the offer. Where about in brisbane are you located ? Kindly PM me.

@michael/greg - nikon or canon wide angle lenses are pretty costly and for me astrophotography is a hobby so I can't justify spending $ 1500+ on those lenses. Thats why more inclined to Samyang or Sigma. Infact samyang is half the price of sigma.

From all your comments it seems like Samyang is a winner esp with f2.8. However i'll wait for Mike to reply back on the details of it.

I currently use Canon Ef 24-105mm f/4L lens at 24mm for all wide shots and I get 20secs shutter without any trails.