View Single Post
Old 28-03-2019, 09:53 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have been thru the diy cooler but would say live without it and see how you can manage without via dithering and proceesing...and realise that one day you will probably want a dedicated cooled colour camera or horrors a narrow band set up...I was of the keep it simple approach until I decidedvto go narrow band...the difference was incredible and all I can say is if you keep at it you probably will end up narrow band...so be careful of wasting money in small fixes and just put money aside for narrow band one day...I wish I had not bought my nikon or 8 inch and just bit the bulet and got my 80mm and zwo narrow band set up first up...I would have saved $1k on the scope and $700 on the nikon...and each although handy are not as useful as the narrow band 80mm...I will set the 8 unch up but there is so much to do to make it really decent...the tube needs more structure as its like a tin can..more money and really needs a better focuser and its big...the 80 is less but the focuser is ok and its just so easy to manage compared to the 8 inch.
I cant see the 8 and the nikon being used as much as the 80mm.

I like you thought..oh its just too much money..but its not...tell me..how much do you need to spend to get a good bass and good amp?...mmm why not just get a cheap one☺
Alex