View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Thanks Alex,

Yeah, I've pretty much decided that's the route I will go..

It's a bit of overkill for the Lunt solar scope but, it opens up many, many options for the future should I wish to pursue more AP.

I've figured out with the help of some comments on here & some PM's that HEQ5 would be a worthwhile investment...

I'm trying to track down one secondhand, just missed out on one the other week (literally by minutes) & I am on the trail of a couple of others locally, otherwise, as you say... just start saving. Patience is a virtue they say... I'm perhaps not that virtuous...

Cheers Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Hi Carlton
I would also suggest to think of getting a HEQ5.

It is a wonderful mount for the money... start thinking of the reasons why you should get one rather than putting it in the too hard basket.

The sky adventurer is great but its what you get afyer you get your main mount...I wanted one but sortted an old mount with the magnificent help of Bojan to take just a camera ...for grab and go widefields...this is still a work in progress.

If it is about the money just start saving...set twenty a week aside and that has one in a year...sell some stuff...whatever...but all I can say is and it has been said before ...get the best mount then consider the scope...in any event life is shorter than you think and it wont be that long before you wont be able to do any of this.

I had a close call with death...well it was only heat stroke and I could not move but I really thought that I was dying .... well the experience made me realise that if you want something just get it...stop buying coffee or beer or something maybe....

But I have been watching your efforts and can see that you would like to do more...and believe me it is so satisfying and just such fun.

I cant advise how to manage the wife as mine left when I bought the 12 inch instead of a new fridge...
Alex