View Single Post
Old 17-02-2017, 02:07 PM
brisen (Brian)

Autoguiding issues

I am trying to troubleshoot issues with PHD2, but have not been able to work out why the mount no longer guides.

I am using a ZWO ASI120 M on a 80mm Guidescope mounted on an ED120. The mount is an EQ6 Pro. I have previously had this setup working to the point where I was getting 15 m exposures with NB filters without trailing. The last few times I have had a chance to try and do some imaging it has simply not worked and ended in frustration.

Last night I took the mount out and got an accurate polar alignment with Synscan as I cant see Octans from home due to trees. I left the mount tracking for about 30 mins and Avior had barely moved in the eyepiece when I came back. I then did a calibration in PHD2 and this completed without PHD having a dummy spit that the mount was not orthogonal, or didn't complete sufficient steps to calibrate. PHD2 then stated it was guiding but the trend lines were not on the chart and the rectangles for DEC and RA were full bars to the bottom of the screen. PHD2 was indicating that the RA was around the 70" and DEC not much less. I initially thought it might be a cable issue and replaced the ST-4 cable with no change in the behaviour.

I have the guide cam correctly connected and use 'on camera' for the guiding.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I am at a loss as to why the setup went from working well to now being un-useable for guiding.

Brian