View Single Post
Old 30-11-2018, 12:05 AM
Stonius (Markus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
I expect we'll never know for sure but my guess is that it's BS.
It is pretty well known that China redirects internet traffic for espionage purposes. It's happened twice in the last month. Traffic to Australia was redirected to China for 6 days, and traffic to the US was rerouted to China for an hour (funny how it's always redirected to China or Russia, never the other way round).

It's routine and part of an espionage strategy. https://www.itnews.com.au/news/china...archers-514537 They do it because they can, same as we probably would if we could, it's just that they just have the upper hand. So if they do that, it's a very small leap to be modifying hardware to make it hackable.

Besides, Bloomberg is not exactly Breitbart, it's a story that has been doing the rounds amongst reputable newspapers for a while now. I can't remember, but wasn't this sort of stuff the reason why Australia nixed the Huawei cable contract too?

China have the means and motive, and Apple doesn't want to admit that they were well and truly owned. That would seem to be the simplest explanation to me.

M