View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Bassnut (Fred)
Narrowfield rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Has sbig got the ao working on the later model cameras?

I spoke to them at the aic in the us and they informed me they were still working on the stx ao unit and that the existing models (aol and ao8) are not compatible. It sounded like they were more interested in the differential guiding module,

Has the new ao unit been released?

Coming from a person who has both fli and sbig products, the support from sbig has been excellent. Fli has been more difficult. In the first place, I think that the sbig cameras are more reliable.

After playing around with a proline and microline, I am surprised people get the proline at all. The only benefit I can see for the proline is the 5 degree difference in cooling. Usb built in is neither here nor there, but the weight of the proline is a real put off. The miroline is a real featherweight... but in a good way. If I had the choice of the 2 fli cameras, I would take the microline, even at the same price.

You'll love the 6303 sensor. I sure do....
I've heard FLI support is good, but I have no personal experience. I had an SBIG cam fixed direct once, I kid you not, I got daily updates on progress by the repair tech, and the cost was very reasonable.

Given the 16803s size, mounting orthoganitaly is apparently critical, so you'd think the extra weight of the proline would be a real disadvantage . But, it has "pro" in the name, not as cool as "micro", so maybe that's the reason .

Yes, every pic I see from a 6303 has a warm analog feel. Doesn't make any sence of course, but ittle do me .

The whole SBIG dual guiding thing seems to have died it seems. I just don't understand why SBIG or any manuf hasn't done something like it. Mike Betha-jones coded up multiple star dual guiding in a few weeks and it's a killer in action. Even 1-2 min exposures on an OAG chip BEHIND NB filters with 2sec ext guide exposures at an insane FL on a 20" , with multiple stars, worked perfectly on 1hr subs, no flex problems at all. If am amature can knock this out in weeks, you'd think it would be a snitch for a cam manufacturer