View Single Post
Old 24-06-2012, 08:39 AM
gregbradley

That is superb for a 10 second shot! Wow, 10 seconds and you've got colour like that - terrific.

As JJJ said almost all camera short focal length lenses have corner issues although 50mm seems the sweet spot for lenses. For some reason 50mm must be easy to make perfect as most camera makers 50mm lenses (well at least Canon and Nikon) are superb in all ways.

Camera lens makers try to balance several conflicting optics goals, - vignetting, coma, chromatic aberration, distortion, sharpness and f-ratio. Coma often seems the hardest for them to control. Often its not an issue for portrait type lenses where edges are blurred usually anyway.

Stopping down a couple of stops is the usual cure. Marc also made use of stop down rings to achieve less flare and rounder stars as well. Another thing to consider.

A very promising image.

This little Fuji XPro 1 is a camera I have my eye on as well.

Its way ahead of anything else in its class and one of the current truly great cameras.

Images from it that I have seen are simply gorgeous. Color is incredible, good low light high ISO performance. The only thing it gets knocked for is slow autofocus but I believe a recent firmware ugrade improved that for some and not for others strangely.

Greg.

Last edited by gregbradley; 26-06-2012 at 03:09 PM.