View Single Post
Old 24-06-2010, 04:50 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

** Added photos **

Well I started playing a bit with it. Haven't had a chance to do a star test yet but I'll try tonight if the clouds part - looking ok so far . Here's a couple of pics here.

I've found it easier to put the C11 flat on a bench and shim it to point back to the collimator rather than having it on the mount. Don't have to deal with DEC/RA backlash and balance. It's easier to fiddle around it also without moving everything. Still learning the in and outs of it and liaising with David at Hotech. So much to learn. Trying to figure out what all those reflections mean.

Shot #13 shows the registration tab at the back the way they're supposed to be closest to the primary (not like shot #2 ).

Shot #10 & #6 show the system when the secondary is aligned and tilted properly (i.e. scope is collimated).

Shot #11 shows the back focus point or (close to) approx 100mm from the back cell. I did this to check if the light beam was centered in my baffle tube.

Shot #12 shows some diffraction rings on the wall from the laser after going through the corrector plate, primary and secondary. I wonder if it can give some indications about the optics?

Shot#8 is interesting. With the secondary removed it shows the tilt that an unshimmed focuser can create. Pretty shocking hey?

Shot#7 is with secondary removed too. Liasing with David trying to understand the ghost ring, lines and difference in scaling in the cross to see if it's a primary tilt or just that the collimator is not squared properly.

Exciting stuff. So much to learn still.
Great kit though. Highly recommended for any SCT user.