View Single Post
Old 29-12-2015, 01:31 PM
LeonConstantine (Leon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Hi Leon and welcome to the slippery slope of astro-imaging.
I think you're right on the money when looking for a small refractor. You'll keep it for years to come. Get an ED80 or similar second hand. You can't go wrong. Check the classified here. An HEQ5 is a good mount for it. With a bit of TLC they work perfectly. How hands on are you? Are you part of a club yet? First, have a night out with the guys, talk to them, see the gear on display and when you're ready make your decision.
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your reply, I used to join a lot star parties when I lived in Canada, I didn't have my own scope. But I had a lot of fun by borrow the scope from others and talk to them with their build, I had the knowledge and really enjoy it back then . Now I'm in Australia, and probably gonna to stay here for least 5 more years, I will consider to join a club after my child grow a little bigger so I can take her with me, but right now, I think the best option that will let me stay with stars is my back yard, my wife got light depression after the child was born, I need to stay with her as much as I can, and the only time I can leave home alone is grocery shopping. Hopefully she will be recovered next year.

As for your suggestion, I will seriously consider the heq5 then, and could you please explain what's TLC is? It's a little difficult for me to recognize abbreviation since I'm pretty new in this field.thanks