gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Greg,
Congratulations on the new Obs
Well done !!
Is that 12” f3 / f4 or a 10” f3 / f4 ?
Looks great what ever it is

Yeh I used the solar noon shadow method as well to scribe my True N/S line on my deck prior to building my NexDome on it.
Luckily I was only a degree or two out so I didn’t need to move the Azimuth too much for polar alignment. All my concrete piers lined up spot on too for the EQ8 pier tripod legs and feet , whooosh. It paid dividends to quadruple check things months and months prior to final install

I bet your pumped at the moment with the new set up and can’t wait to get your teeth into some imaging !!

Clear Skies
Martin
The scope is an AstroPhysics Riccardi Honders astrograph. Its 305mm aperture and F3.8. The mirrors are fixed it never needs collimation - a big plus.

The tube is 14 inches and is oversized I think to help eliminate tube currents. It has a wetsuit type materials thermal blanket around the main body and dewshield. It holds focus reasonably well with a small shift with termperature.

I have a FLI Atlas focuser on it which is very good and needed as the critical focus zone is very small.

I did a T Point run last night to improve polar alignment but autoguiding showed one axis to be off. Then clouds rolled in. I am close to imaging with it.

I like the fact that the roll off roof is rather quiet and moves with hand pressure. The observatory is close to the fence with one of my neighbours.
I closed it up last night at 12:45am so that is important.

Greg.