View Single Post
Old 15-04-2013, 06:59 PM
barx1963 (Malcolm)
Bright the hawk's flight

Mine arrived today.
I had a look at the images and they are exactly the same standard as in the other 4 books in the series, reproduced fromm the DSS. I have no issue with this as those images are what I often use to get some info to confirm observations I am uncertain of and meing monochrome they wre more useful. This book is intended as a visual guide so images that are closer to the eyepiece view are the best. He includes sketches that again are helpful.
I quickly ran through the list of objects and I have observing note on 107 of the 120 objects in the main guide and 27 of the 42 "additional" objects. Luckily many of them are still to be nabbed with "Henrietta" so still have some work to do.
I am glad O'Meara has dropped the 109 objects with 20 in an appendix for the numbers he has used this time!
Goober. Most if not all these objects would be easy from Hawaii, abit low but O'Mearas site at Volcano would still be great for viewing them. He does state that he has also spent time in Oz, NZ, Sth Africa and Sth America.

Malcolm