View Single Post
Old 17-09-2020, 03:55 PM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

A frustrating work in progress - NGC 6822

Life can be a b1tch sometimes!! Last lunar cycle the weather sucked the whole time. This cycle not much better but several still, moonless nights (with fantastic seeing) presented themselves. Of course, for the first time EVER my Laptop failed to run my software properly (CCDAP orchestrating TheSkyX). The attached error keeps being thrown just before writing the image file to disk. Arrgh!! No solution yet. To my knowledge nothing has changed on my lappy since my last successful sessions in July ... but obviously something has!

The good news is I did manage to add a little more Lum data (1.75 hrs) to my meagre 2014 (Grose Vale) NGC6822 data. Total now is 6.67 hours (16x15 Lum + 8x20 Ha). The sky here is much darker than Gross Vale so the IFN has really started to pop. MUCH more data needed of course but that will have to wait until I fix my problems ... and probably till next year because it's late season for 6822. At least I have something to show for my frustrations!!

Note the abundant IFN in the frame.

Screen sized version here. (No full res until I finish it ... eventually!)

UPDATE 22 Sep: Problem fixed after doing a system restore. Added another hour of lum (total now 20x15 Lum + 8x20 Ha). Completely reprocessed. Updated images (Normal on left, exaggerated on right to show IFN more clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (CRASH MESSAGE.jpg)
104.4 KB69 views
Click for full-size image (Sum Median Lum2020 Lum2014x0.25 Deconvolved_tiny.jpg)
175.4 KB27 views
Click for full-size image (Sum Median Lum2020 Lum2014x0.25 Deconvolved_tiny_ex.jpg)
182.0 KB30 views

Last edited by marc4darkskies; 23-09-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Images Updated