View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 04:00 PM
Dobbs (Anthony)

16" lightbridge setting circle movement

Hi All,

With the era of nappies coming to an end (the kids, not mine) I am keen to get the scope back out.

I have long wanted push to functionality for my lightbridge and was lucky enough find the setting circle pdf on here in another thread. Thank you kind sir.

I am semi-skilled, i added wheels and handles last weekend without messing it up (or hurting myself) and have the setting circle in place and trimmed the base so the setting circle is visible.

However now i am stuck. I have no idea how to get the setting circle to move independently from the scope to allow for azimuth calibration (with the rockerbox and scope in place)?

I should also note that i removed the teflon pads from the outer edge, so currently all the weight is on the lazy susan bearing (and the setting circle). I tried a washer, then a cd, between the bearing and the setting circle, perhaps unsurprisingly, neither worked.

Next step may be to cut out some of the sections of the setting circle and put the teflon pads back on the base plate (like here). This will mean limited adjustment to the setting circle, but may lift some of the weight off of it.

I am intending to replace the azimuth bearing altogether (will ask for guidance in separate post), but I was hoping someone could provide me with a quick (one trip to bunnings) kind of fix free up the setting circle in the interim?

Thanks for your help,

Ant