View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 11:42 AM
pvelez (Pete)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiraz View Post
hi Pete.

Crikey that's nasty.

I'm certainly not in the PI expert camp, but that looks like (rotated) column defects in the sensor to me - my guess is that will probably come from the flats. Maybe you could check the process for making the masterflat - could there be bias, dark or pedestal in there where it should not be - or missing where it should be included?

FWIW, I found that there are quite few settings that have to be right or the master cal images can get screwed up - I ended up using the following to the letter and all went well: http://www.pixinsight.com/tutorials/...mes/index.html good luck.
Thanks Ray

my diagnosis was the same.

I spent several hours playing with the Cosmetic Correction module in PI yesterday - with some success but its not as good as I'd like.

I am now taking new flats and will start from scratch with new bias and dark frames too.

That link is great - I have followed it to the letter to assemble the masters but I may have a setting wrong.

Will see how that goes

Its a pain - I have about 4.5 hours of each of R, G and B and a bit more Lum - I find that its my processing skills that are letting me down rather than my equipment - which is probably better than the other way around

Pete