View Single Post
Old 19-09-2010, 11:59 PM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

Very interesting software - will give it a go once the clouds dissappear!

One thing I might suggest, fairly advanced. If a user has queued a long group of shots - it would be great if the software could detect if clouds have rolled in - making the shots pretty much all white - and halting the stream of shots until the clouds pass (say doing a loop of 1 minute shots) until after a maxium user set time the clouds go away or you alert the user all is not well and abort the imaging run.

I envisage a control stream during a imaging run like:

after each shot check for a cloud filled shot. If nothing - go on with the run. But if clouds are detected:

1. Warn the user (in case like me they aren't in the astro lab nor even near the remote control PC) with a loud bleep

2. Loop a seires of 1-2 minute shots for a user defined period of time to see if the clouds quickly pass. If so - resume the imaging run. If not - abort the run and execute a user define function - like signaling the user - here comes rain - put away your gear!

I often image remotely, even an alert - a loud bleep or something that the shot was all coulds would call me back to the PC. It would be nice if the imaging control software could pause a series of shots when it detected clouds.

Matthew