View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 01:05 PM
jase (Jason)

Yeah, only 600g extra you should be ok. I had a FLI PDF for a while - nice focuser. You'll quickly know if your Robofocus is at its limit. Will start to make unpleasant noises when moving the draw tube out (not in). It will also appear to slip. I tightened everything up to no avail. The biggest give away is when you start using software like FocusMax and your v-curves are all over the place.

I'm afraid no photos of me holding the gear. Its already on the scope - I don't muck around! The 4" CAA in the imaging train provides a good sense of scale. Its considerably larger than the STL series thats for sure. Still working through the imaging train configuration. The poor quality mobile phone photos show a MonsterMOAG in path, but I've got a separate guide scope with ST-402ME on board - as seen. Toying up whether I'll go with MMOAG - unlikely at this stage. Waste of time to guide at only 530mm. The other image shows the "super robofocus" mentioned in the previous post. Filter wheel has a full set of 50mm square Astrodon LRGB GenIIs, 5nm Ha, 3nm SII and OIII. Went with 3nm for SII and OIII to maximise signal over background. Hard to get good signal on SII, but in my tests 3nm was a wise choice.

Anyway, you will not see much from me for a while. Heading OS for work for a couple of months next Wednesday. By the time I return, you'd better have your system pumping out some sweet images soon. Will try get online now and then to check the deep sky section.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (U16MD9a.jpg)
84.1 KB50 views
Click for full-size image (U16MD9b.jpg)
76.4 KB50 views