View Single Post
Old 17-12-2011, 05:37 PM
gregbradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDKPhil View Post
Thanks Greg, Some really good advice.

I think the Proline will be the best solution for my needs. Cost is not much different to the STX, but a big advantage being able to use it with the reducer.

I really like the STi as a guide solution a very neat piece of kit. The mounting for this camera looks very solid, and because it is so small flexure should be minimal. This will be on my shopping list along with the MonsterMOAG.

I will be very keen to hear how you go with the two guide camera setup.

I read the article on the other thread about the demise of Kodak, what a sad story. I hope for photography's sake in general, that the new company that has bought the imaging solutions division will continue to produce and develop new chips. We will have to wait and see.

Cheers
Phil
I am interested in the STi as well but I believe work is being done on the shutter and it is delaying deliveries. I am hoping it will be similar to the Lodestar but better and autodark actually works plus it should be CCDsoft friendly.

STX is a cool machine and all those guiding options look very handy in a guidescope situation unless they have ways of incorporating it with OAGs. Plus its currently cheaper than a Proline. But in this particular case the extra dimensions don't work well.

Greg.