View Single Post
Old 30-10-2007, 08:39 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

You can get ToUcam off ebay, but here in Australia most people I believe get them from Telescope-Astronomy.com. Scroll down the page and click the link. Matthew also supplies the 1.25" adapters required to insert the ToUcam into the eyepiece holder of the telescope.

Yes you can use the LPI images with Registax. You just need to save all images and uncheck the "Combine" option.

Oh btw while you can autoguide using an LPI with the Meade software, the ToUcam is much more versatile with other freeware autoguiding programs if at some point you decide to go down that pathway.

You will also notice on the Astronomy-Telescope site they supply the DMK as well.

I do some volunteer work at the Mapleton School and Community Observatory and have had a number of young people involved in planetary and Luna imaging. Some of these school children are still only in primary school. I am also involved with the Science teachers from Beerwah High School who have just purchased equipment for planetary and deep sky imaging. They are aiming primarily for the year 11 and 12 physics classes.

Plus do a search in the Solar System section of the forum (advanced search for Chrissyo> Threads started by> Solar System) for Chrissyo and see the images being put out there over the past couple of years. Chrissyo has only just started Uni this year.

Also be sure to check out the How To of iceman's Astrophotography with a Dob

Good luck and have fun. Keep the questions flowing.