View Single Post
Old 13-09-2019, 08:59 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Which ties in to the data I was able to download (FITS files) of the Trifid, I went looking for it and could not find any evidence of the issue in those files though they are only 2 minute subs, I am used to 5+ minute subs with the ASI294 but obviously have no experience with the 1600 to compare results between sub lengths.

What it really leaves me torn about is saving up and buying one with filter wheel and filters, or save up and wait for it's replacement which would hopefully have much greater pixel well depth and is probably lurking in the wings given how quickly all things tech move on. I can probably move in steps, my current rig has space between my rotator and camera to squeze in the 20mm of the ZWO 7 position filter wheel. I just have to be sure my next guider is thin enough to make that work or I have to lose the rotator.

I have had no chance to do more than a quick browse of the link above from Sean, I look after a fibre optic cable network and someone put a backhoe through part of it around lunchtime yesterday.