Thread: Beggars
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 05:58 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I would like to know what the real unemployment rate actually is...they shuffle folk off to retraining etc and put you on total invalid pension at the drop of a hat and if you have a miserable casual job you do not make the list.
Heck when I left school everyone got a job and there was a choice...it seems these days young folk are very fortunate to get work. Before my real job..the holiday work I built ladders and even washed bottles at a soft drink factory..that was during the week as on Saturday I was a copy boy...plenty of work. And yet it seems now we import many workers which we are told is because our folk don't have the skill.

One could think that that perhaps someone in parliament should make a name for themselves and come up with a solution.

Isn't that a novel idea.

Now I am just a mug but it seems that if we had our folk get some training then maybe the locals could get jobs.

But I think the problem with governments and I include kings and dictators is that the more folk in your domain the more power you think you have and no doubt more people translates to more money sloshing around and that has to be good for somebody or someone but perhaps not for those that don't get trained.

But then the other problem is it is a market economy that must..absolutely must have unemployment to manage inflation ....sure there are other ways to do it but a healthy unemployment figure keeps those in work on their toes and reticent to ask for more money..so everyone wins..those folk who don't win only have themselves to blame.

It's all about productivity...which is flash talk for work longer and harder for less money and fewer perks..like our polies do.

And you know what I love to hear..is these old girls who run down folk for not having a job without ever realising that they have never worked for a boss in their lives..but their husband has god love him and certainly that gives them the right to be so judgemental. We had it tuff therefore everyone must suffer..that sounds so reasonable. Heck my legs have gone so everyone should get crook legs...

And I love this work for the dole as we can't have these layabouts getting money for nothing..heck look what the parliamentarians have to do to get their salary and pension and free flights and free meals...yes don't give these folk who will not work or can't find a job..same difference..don't give them a hand out ..teach them not to be poor..it is after all for their own good...and when the plate goes around at church know that those layabouts won't get a cent.
Alex

Last edited by xelasnave; 09-09-2019 at 06:09 PM.