View Single Post
Old 17-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki View Post
Chris if you want to connect to a TV to get a better picture for gamming you need the TV/AV cable, around $60 from the apple shop.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/iPhone-3G...ht_7638wt_1180

$10 on eBay Mark - including delivery. I have a couple of these and they work as advertised. You can pay for name-brand if you wish, but you certainly aren't forced to. These are obviously made in a small Chinese factory and without any real warranty, whereas a proper Apple-branded cable will have a warranty and, being made by Foxconn, will be of higher quality to begin with. There is a vast difference between Apple-branded cables and cheap Chinese knockoffs, I assure you.

A $60 cable for a multi-thousand telescope mount is considered inconsequential.

A $60 cable for a $169 device is a greater part of the cost of the original device.

I'm not being funny here, but a cable is still just that - a cable. Cost of construction, distribution, retail profits, etc, etc, etc affect the two cables in the same way. Why should the cable for the $169 device be any cheaper - just because the device it's connected to is cheaper? Strange logic... especially given that the iPod TV cable with a 30-pin connector, three RCA plugs and USB is infinitely more complex than any cable you're likely to want plug into a Celestron telescope.

Last edited by Omaroo; 17-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.