View Single Post
Old 16-08-2010, 12:59 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
WYOnce, sorry don't know your name.... I use PHD too, I had to drop my aggresiveness to 10% to stop overshooting, I got that back and forth swinging otherwise creating out of round stars, I am going to have to experiment with longer steps, as or seems some have succsess this way,
I used the graph in PHD to try to work it out scientifically, no hope , and to get the settings they suggested... 50 units of something ( it was a while ago) it was worse than how I was doing it, so I gave up on that.
Had a look at the program you have posted the pics of ..... Freebie too......
If you could give an explanation ???? Looks very detailed, might download it later, how does it hook up... Through PHD ???

Clive
Hi Clive. I'm Brendan...although but there is more than one Brendan..so.."hey you" will suffice.

I'll drop RA aggressiveness as you said and do some testing ..when the clouds clear. Could be some time.

EQMOD blokes devolved PECPREP (that I know of) but it can be used to analyse other mounts. In fact it has the settings for other mounts, including the G11, already built in the program.

You can use it to analyse PHD log files..just enable "log file" in PHD. Later when importing this log file to PECPREP enter the DEC value of the target log. So it can adjust the sine angle values of the data.

There is lots written on the web about using PECPREP and how to pdf's are on the EQMOD site for PREPEC at the bottom of the page.