View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 01:16 AM
Tasaurora (Si)

Astrophotograph with Dobson scope?

It looks like I’m inadvertently heading to the “dark” side of Astro photography as it’s going to help me get much better vision of what’s out there. (Re - get kids more interested than just looking at another star).

So - I’ve read a fair bit about EQ mounts and specific scopes for the job and wedges for AZ mounts etc and I have none of that lol.

Is anyone simply using a goto skywatcher 10” with a camera ? Why is such a scope deemed unsuitable given the tracking capabilities? The kids are handy on a laptop - hoping this fact will involve them more...
The eyepiece will accept 2” eye pieces - to get started, is it worth just getting an adapter for eye piece / camera? I have an old Fuji finepix that has multiple settings - but - it doesn’t have detachable lens, can I simply measure the external of the fixed lens and specify that for the interface ?

I’m such a noob at using the scope - I’m already in the deep pool and this is like someone throwing rocks at me now, so apologise for stupid questions.

Last edited by Tasaurora; 24-07-2020 at 05:37 PM.