View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa-coupe View Post
If it's got a Synscan controller, make sure the slew rate is more than3!! Change the rate ( #2 key) and make it 9 or something a lot more than 3
To me, Jeff's suggestion seems to be the most likely.

By that I mean, once the scope has slewed to where it thinks the second item is, it probably expects only a minor adjustment , through the eyepiece, so it will probably auto select the slowest slew speed. This may not be noticeable unless you are looking through the eyepiece at the time.
This is also in line with your comment that you can hear the motors churning.

If that is not it, then yes, you may have a fault (it is not totally unheard of here on IIS forum) and may need to take it back to your retailer (hopefully local for you).

Instead of switching it off by removing Power , try pressing the ESC key to see if that returns control to the hand controller.

BTW: Don't think that everyone here ditches their hand controller, I never found need to do such a thing, although lots seem to prefer the Wi-Fi app control, it is not essential. I would not recommend it; just one more thing that could go wrong.

Sorry if you have already tried this stuff.

If there is a possibility that some of your initial setup info may be entered incorrectly, try a simple little app called SynScanInit, works for me.

Levelling is also a crucial element to accuracy , that and using an illuminated reticle eyepiece for centering stars.