View Single Post
Old 13-02-2017, 01:51 PM
acotiga (Andrei)

Polar alignment SH in under 2 minutes

I have't visited the forum in a while, but I would like to tell you about my newest development, if forum rules allow.

Being driven almost mad by SH polar alignment, I have developed a new device which now allows for quick polar alignment in a matter of minutes. It consists of three green lasers set at different angles corresponding to Acrux, Rigel kent and SCP. By aligning the lasers on the two reference stars, the third will automaticaly point at the SCP. The device sits next to the telescope on an ordinary photo tripod.

PA is possible within minutes with a degree of accuracy of about 10 arcmin. Better accuracy can then be achieved by using the azimuth and altitude bolts while looking through the telescope until the famous "right angle triangle" is in the right spot.

For more quick information please see www.iprintu.co.nz.

What the device allows is to go portable, anywhere in the S hemisphere, polar align within minutes and start your photo session.

Please ask as many questions as you can think off. The product will go into production in about a month and I'm happy to say that for the upcoming South Island Stardate (in NZ) I will have one with me to be tested by the larger community.