View Single Post
Old 21-05-2016, 02:38 PM
steradian

Refractor - Takahashi FS-60C with P2Z and accessories with custom steel ATA case

For sale is a very fine example of the FS-60C and P2Z mount with FC-L wooden tripod. Accessories include:

- graticule illuminator for collimation scope (fits onto the objective lens end of the P2Z mount - see image).
- finder scope
- Eyepieces: Meade super plossl 32mm and 26mm.
- Additional counterweight.
- Pelican 1050 clear case for the siderostatic drive unit.
- Additional, auxiliary tripod (a very simple Takahashi tripod for the FS-60C - its good for terrestrial use and has no equatorial mount or drive - as good as new).
- Filter for solar observation made by 43°S Astro of New Zealand.

All good to go. Breath taking optical quality is the norm as anyone having used these Takahashi scopes will attest. Scope comes with a custom steel ATA case (see images) that carries everything except the legs.

Local delivery is free within Townsville Queensland, alternatively successful buyer must pay for postage and insurance.

I will be very sorry to see this amazing telescope go. I took it along to a regional astronomy society meet and we all looked through their wonderful refractor that was the center-piece of the society and housed in an observatory dome - a permanent structure. After gazing at Saturn all the kids wondered at looking at the rings and really enjoyed the experience. I set up this Takahashi and lo and behold - the image of Saturn with a jet black back-drop of space was astonishing. Compared to the large telescope the FS-60C was tiny of course - and yet the image was far superior!

AUD $3500 excluding PP and insurance
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_9725.jpg)
90.5 KB104 views
Click for full-size image (160528 - graticule illuminator.jpg)
120.6 KB102 views
Click for full-size image (Case002286.JPG)
60.9 KB76 views
Click for full-size image (FS60C+P2Z081230.jpg)
77.8 KB94 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_9697.jpg)
95.1 KB116 views
Click for full-size image (P2Zbwdetail.jpg)
92.8 KB105 views
Click for full-size image (P2Zbwdetail3.jpg)
88.9 KB104 views

Last edited by steradian; 19-07-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: grammar and omissions