View Single Post
Old 22-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Star Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Jimbo, first I can imagine your wifes expression now. Ah memories.

The Loadstar is the camera. I would have got one had I not committed to the ST-I cameras. Both are essentially the same. They both have shutters and that will mean something when you go fully automated. My ST-i's do their dark prior to the first calibration image and then away it goes. The Loadstar is most likely very similar and I have heard nothing but good things about it.
Mate, your and I go way back and we both had a great time during the start-up SEQAS. You were my star Astrophotography student!!! Ahhh.. the times we and other members had at the Manly Obs. near Wynnum, shooting film left, right and centre... Remember Dave Larkin? Davo is still vertical and send his regards.

Anyway, will the Lodestar work as good on its own with PHD or does it work better with say the SXVR M25C? (which I have on order from AEC). I've got my Starizona C14 Hyperstar (tapered model) up for grabs on Gumtree so if I can sell that off, it will pay for the Lodestar. I'm also looking at setting up a robotic telescope center at home here with three, LX200 GPS 14's with Hyperstar optics and SXVR M25C cameras.

BTW, do you know of anyone who has used or is using, the SBIG guider? I know its expensive but SBIG never fault on their products. Will call you tonight.

Jimbo

Last edited by Star Hunter; 22-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.