View Single Post
Old 13-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

rmmcconachy, thank you for your nice comments. Seems I got Beehive (M44) mixed up with M41, so I have ammended my report to suit. Meanwhile chasing (soon as it clears) what that fuzzy thing is that I saw around where M41 is. For some reason thought M44 was in Taurus too . It's been a whole year since i've seen this cluster (and last year was my first), so I guess I can be forgiven for the mix up.

Les, thank you so much for your kind words, comments and encouragement. I feel extra special when you post on my obs, being as you are such a celebrity and so talented and all and I am your biggest fan. It's true, I can't wait for Les' articles in Aust. Sky & Telescope.
And many thanks for the 1000 post congrats. I feel privileged - you don't give away emoticons easily.
It's interesting what you said about my visual skills improving, really got me thinking. You are absolutely right, what I call bright in the binos now, 12 months ago I would have said I can barely see it. But, the Pleaides, really & truly, aren't the 6 stars obvious to everyone?! Hmm, interesting what you said. I know I can naked eye 47Tuc without any problems in suburbia under light pollution, so I think I'm doing well visually on the right track.

Ron, thankyou - another 1000 seems so far off You have helped me endlessly my friend, with so much support and encouragement. Thankyou.

Nettie, thank you for your kind words on the obs report and the congrats. After a 1000, I do indeed feel like part of the furniture around here, a great feeling of "home" and belonging.

Bianca, here is the link for those bino targets http://www.lightandmatter.com/binosky/binosky.html Also, Robert Bee's book "Heavens Above" is written for the southern hemisphere skies- a really great book for binoculars. You can buy it from telecope retailers such as Bintel. I made a mistake with m44, if you read the posts above it will make more sense.

Now everyone else that's reading this that hasn't posted in the obs forum yet - you can see this is just a very simple bino report, I'm sure if you'll gave it a go (obs posting) you will find it very easy and you'll feel such a reward for contributing. Go on- please give it a go! I'm talking to you too Bianca!

Merry Christmas Everyone