View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 02:20 PM
luka
Unregistered User

Pat:
1. Without DHT22 sensor the ATMega pins are floating and every now and then the camera will get weird reading instead of a "zero" reading. The software verifies that the values are reasonable (humidity between 0 and 100% for example) but with random inputs every now and then there will be a reading that seems valid and will cause the warning.

Perhaps the only way around this is a check box where people can select if they have DHT22 or not?

2. Regarding your comment about setting the min TEC power, I was looking at the debugging files only (my cooling is not working yet) and could not see a problem.
Gilles, have you noticed the issue?

One thing that confused me initially is that APT starts cooling as soon as the program is started. This means that it will start cooling with whatever option was left from the previous time. If you change the setting then it won't have any effect until the cooling is restarted. Could this be what you noticed?
In other words, changing starting power won't affect the currently running cooling as it is used only to calculate the starting power and not the current power.

Gilles, I could not reproduce the white line? Do you still have it? If yes:
1. What is your configuration, both ds18b20 and DHT22?
2. Can you disconnect from the camera and in ASCOM properties enable the trace (logging) and then take an image that shows a white line. Can you post the log file that can be found in Documents\ASCOM\Logs....date...

edit: Pat, where are your last tests?