View Single Post
Old 25-02-2017, 07:16 PM
luka
Unregistered User

ASCOM compliance:

Guys, I will need some opinions on this as this is potentially a change in the workflow. At the moment our driver is not ASCOM compliant. The settings window that opens when you connect to the camera (in APT for example) should not exist.

At the moment:
1. Saving of settings does not work. They have to be reentered every time the imaging software is started.
2. ASCOM says that the driver must open only one window for settings. That window can be reached via options when connecting to the camera. At the moment it looks like in the attachment and does nothing useful unless you are debugging the software (the "Trace on" option).
3. As far as I can see, in the normal operation of the camera the settings are set once and probably never changed. There is no need to have this window open at all times.

I want to move all settings to the correct window.
With the change:
1. Settings will be automatically saved and restored when the imaging program is opened
2. We will be ASCOM compliant
3. We can use the Cam86_view software to setup the gain/offset etc. I can modify this software as well if people have ideas how to improve it.
4. The new settings window will not open automatically and will require few mouse clicks to get to, but in reality we should almost never need to get to it.

If you have an opinion about this please post here and let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Ascom settings.png)
11.7 KB27 views