View Single Post
Old 15-10-2020, 12:40 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Top stuff Mike - the cropped version is very nicely framed and composed.
Not much more to add to the above comments other than, Bravo!
Thanks Andy. Yes, in many cases when you are imaging smaller objects, there is little option (or reason) than to place them in the middle of the field, the sweet spot for most scopes anyway, then rely on cropping to make a composed version that is pleasing to the eye, should you wish In this case there were two nice bright stars making a triangle with NGC 578, so I didn't place her directly in the middle this time but off set her a little with the view to being able to make a composed crop but the full frame is always worth displaying just so you can surf around and see all the little distant background goodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by topheart View Post
Wow!
Awesome capture!!
Boldly saturated, but why not??
Good luck with the weather for the rest of this week!
Cheers,
Tim
Thanks Tim, if the colour is there, may as well show it ...Alas I think I got my one good full clear night for my week off cloud is predicted until Tues...wheeeen, I am back at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
Beautiful Mike

But gee that's small

(and I did click the link )
Cheers Dunk, yeah guess?...there are quite a few cool galaxies on offer around the 3 - 5 arc min size, that are worthwhile to shoot but get over looked for the much bigger, brighter and more well known examples. eg NGC 578 covers just 5% of the sky area of NGC 300, so no wonder such comparatively little beasties get over looked. So yes, the smaller galaxy fair are not for the faint hearted and do require decent seeing conditions, preferably darker skies and at least some image scale, to do them justice

Mike