View Single Post
Old 18-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Tilt (Michael)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
I rang 'Cameras Direct' on the Gold Coast,and spoke to one of the sales people there,and mentioned I did want to use it for the occasional astro photo,the chap said they had one person who bought that model body and used it for astro photo,and they got a light band in photo,he took it back and they replaced it,the replacement did'nt have that problem.
Small world Chris

What happened is they (the supplier) offered me a 'refurbished' camera, not a new one. Originally I didn't want anything other than a brand spanking new 50D, but they were not obliged to offer me that as an outcome. After the whole hoo-ha of going back and forth with Canon Aust, I was just tired and fed up with the whole thing, so I accepted the refurbished 50D and moved on with life. I got to hand it to the supplier, they handled the whole thing very well, I was even enjoying a walk around Lake Tahoe in USA when they gave me a call from Australia to update me with every piece of new information they were receiving from Canon. Great service!

Michael

Last edited by Tilt; 18-05-2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: additional info