View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 06:40 PM
gregbradley

Thanks Steve.

I was very impressed by the presentation and range of accessories from the Morpheus. I was used to just getting 2 caps and a box.
It comes across as a very professional product.

Greg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mura_gadi View Post
Hi,

From what I have read the 9mm is one of the stand outs, very few lines of EPs will be expectational across all FL even the green meanies. (12.5/14mm Morpheus are maybe the lesser of the line according to some and contradict what's already be said here for instance)

Also you need to remember that till recently the Morpheus were $360 new, going up against $800+ new eyepieces is a little bias. You get what you paid for (if you're lucky).

There is a good write up from "The Russian - Ernest" (astro-talks.ru) in regards to eye pieces, he has done a lot of EP's (at f4/f10) and it pretty clear even from a quick look through the list that some lines excel at some focal lengths.

Even the X-Cel LX at 7/9mm are great ep's even if the rest aren't the best, and there $130 a pop.

But it all depends on your eye's as well as your scope. Try and see what scope people are using when they ditch or rave about an eyepiece. - Did they like the EP due to better eye relief as they wear glasses etc. Did they have a slower scope making the exit pupil too small or a lot easier light cone correction.

Steve
Ps. A top of the line plossl is a great EP, it puts the least amount of glass between you and the object. Its when you want to chase the wider fields that everything goes a bit pear shaped. You add costs and weight to essentially keep a similar image across a wider view. Coma correctors essentially just shave/reduce the FOV to fix it up for instance.