View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 12:04 PM
gregbradley

Baader Morpheus Eyepieces

I just received a 17.5mm Morpheus and a 16mm Nagler T5. I'll be pitting these 2 together next clear night probably at a dark site.

The Morpheus comes very nicely packaged with a belt pouch and a screw up eyepiece and seems really well made. The Nagler is surprisingly small, compact and light.

Has anyone had experience with these Morpheus eyepieces? If its a good eyepiece I'll most likely get a shorter focal length one around 9mm.

I'll be using it on a CFF105 F6 and an AP130GT F6.3.

I like Nagler eyepieces and have a 3.5mm, 9mm and 16mm Nagler.

The best views I have ever had was through a Tak FS152 and a Nagler 22mm T4. Next best was a TEC180FL and a 13mmTV Ethos. But generally I don't want huge and heavy eyepieces. The 100 degree FOV is not that appealling to me. 76-82 is plenty.

The Masuyama 10mm is a beautiful eyepiece and gives some of the best views in 3/4 of it field with the last 1/4 a bit aberrated but it still left about 60 degrees looking very natural, sharp and good colour - natural. They make a 20mm, 26mm and larger. 20mm on those scopes is quite widefield.

I have a few other brand eyepeices from years ago, a 12mm University Optics, Edmunds RKE 15, Meade UWA 14mm (don't laugh, its an awesome eyepiece but huge).

Suggestions?

Greg.