View Single Post
Old 21-08-2019, 10:37 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

The heat will just be expanding the aluminium a little. In theory given the female thread should be larger diameter than the male thread it should open up the clearances just a touch. I feel the pain on this one, I have two adapters that I have been using together and they are always ridiculously difficult to get apart again. You screw them together with two fingers and it is just about a hammer and cold chisel job to separate them again. I had to resort to pressing them between two pieces of hard'ish rubber and twisting in opposite directions to get them apart. And that is with a delrin spacer between them.

The biggest cause of the issue IMO is production tolerances. I recently got a part modded by Joshua (Getting a filter thread turned into an adapter he previously made for me to fit a reducer/corrector to my ED72, something I should have thought of the first time) and ended up having to send the actual filter I wanted to use, measuring everything up showed that while I had a handful of 2" "Filter thread" (M48) parts from various manufacturers, no two of them were actually the same size and it was by big enough margins that the part nearest the average diameter was what had to go with it as the template.