Thread: B33 colour plan
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2018, 04:59 PM
Benjamin (Ben)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
I live in the most danged-terrible LP area known to humanity and I still image Ha-LRGB (OSC) - as Peter mentioned, PI removes 99.9% of the problem.

I do NOT use a single LP reduction filter either (not counting the Ha filter ). My MINIMUM exposure length I do is 10 minutes per sub.

I make the most of what I have, and do NOT travel anywhere further than my side-yard to image (if I take a 1 sec exposure at night with my DSLR it is red). I know my images might improve a LOT if I did, but I have no desire to go out bush any more - minimum 1 Hr from Canberra.
Brilliant! I’m probably being a bit overly fussy about the RGB capture and I’m definitely on the learning curve with PI. In regard to sub length I tend to go by a table published on Cloudy Nights that suggests various sub lengths for my camera (ASI1600) for various levels of LP -https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/573886-sub-exposure-tables-for-asi-1600-and-maybe-qhy163/
Oddly I love traveling to dark sites (only 1.25 hours away) just my musical duties prevent me: everybody wants to celebrate XMas