View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Jocksquin (Ron)

Thanks for the input so far.
Win XP which I'm runing,doesn't support Sharpcap 3.0,only up to 2.9. I downloaded V2.9 and it indeed has a "livestack" function and an "dark frame subtract" function which gets me about half way there.
These programs usually rely on a high frame rate of 30-60 f/s I believe but what i am looking for is a "smart" video colour camera that can take frames as slow as 1f/s and also accumulate and stack 128 or 256 frames internally and then spit out an already stacked frame - this apparently will provide great deep sky images(after final processing of course) and "live viewing' on the computer monitor or TV if required.

I was hoping for a Sw package that does the internal and external camera controls if you know what I mean,but i might be misunderstanding and to do this you might need a 'camera specific' Sw package to set the camera "internals" plus the capture SW (eg Sharpcap).
In the "Camera control" section of Sharpcap V2.9 it calls these cameras "frame grabbers' and it recognises these cameras(USB versions) as USDB2861 - however it can't set the camera internals for "frame accumulation" acc to how i read it.

I'm a beginner here so still open to input.
Hope someone can expand on the camera specific part - so far GStarex and Mallincam are all I've got as the type of camera needed - both a bit expensive for a beginner.
Rgds
Ron